Experience Trenton, New York
Founded in 1797, includes Barneveld, Holland Patent, Prospect, South Trenton, Hinckley, and Trenton Falls
The Town of Trenton is located just 10 minutes north of Utica, in the foothills of the Adirondacks. It's an ideal community for people who like a rural setting, but with the convenience of being a short 15 minutes from metro Utica's hospitals, colleges, and shopping.
This historic town features homes and community buildings dating back to the late 1700's and early 1800's, many in the Greek Revival Style that was very popular when the Town was settled. Points of historical and architectural interest include: Mappa Hall and The Old Stone Meeting House, both located in the Village of Barneveld; the Twin Churches in Holland Patent; the South Trenton Community Hall , and the Weathersfield School House, located just outside the Village of Barneveld. Local historical documents tell us that some of the local homes were part of the Underground Railroad in the 1850's.
See what Trenton, NY has to offer:
- Scenic Hiking Trails at Trenton Falls and Trenton Greenbelt
- Trails for Hiking, Biking, Snow Shoeing, Cross Country Skiing, and Snowmobiling
- Renowned Fishing along the West Canada Creek
- 9-Hole Golf course for membership use
- Garden Enthusiasts delight and Bird Watching opportunity that make for great Photography opportunities
- Town Park with Pavilions, Playing Fields and Swim Beach
- 20-40 minutes from Boating Lakes and Ski Slopes
- Trenton Fish and Game Club
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad
- Other Recreation includes local Bowling Lanes and Summer Volleyball
- Trenton Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club, American Legion/VFW Posts, Unity Hall Foundation (North Country Stage Prod), Singing Hills Seniors, Foothills Rural Community Ministry Food Pantry, South Trenton Community Assoc., Greenbelt Committee, Conservation Advisory Council (CAC), Churches, Lyons Club, Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts, 3 Libraries, Community Ed Theatre, Community Ed Programs
- Within 30 minute radius we also enjoy Theatre, Museums, and many Historical Sites
- Holland Patent School District - www.hpschools.org. Busing services available for all children.
- Pre-Schools available
- Parts of the Town may be serviced by adjacent school districts; Remsen, Poland and Whitesboro
- Nine continuing education facilities within 30 minutes
- Active Chamber of Commerce averaging 130 members annually
- Local shopping includes Agway and Archery, Antiques, Art and Framing Convenience Stores, Drug Stores, Grocery, Gift Shops, Wine and Liquor
- Local Dining and Taverns
- Services such as Accountants, Advertising, Automotive Sales and Service, Banking, Contractors/Construction, Educational, Farming and Agriculture, Forestry Equipment, Fuel, Funeral Homes, Health and Beauty, Health Care, Heating and Plumbing, Home Improvement, Insurance, Landscaping/Lawn Care, Lodging, Local Newspapers and Radio, Packaging, Party and Tent Rentals, Photography, Printing/Publishing, Real Estate, Signage, Snowmobile Sales, Summer Camp Facility, Travel/Tourism and Utilities
Real Estate Profile
- Housing ranging from under 100K to 700K plus
- New build land available
- Zoning regulations insure the character of the town remains rural with large lots and plenty of greenspace
- Medical Facilities/Offices, Labcorp Clinical Laboratory, Dental,
Chiropractor, Physical Therapy, Optometrist, Pharmacies, Fitness Center,
Family Counseling Services, Programs for Special Needs Children. Veterinary Care
- Access to Major Hospitals within 15 minutes
Surrounding Regions Influence
- Just 10 minutes from Trenton is the development of Nano Utica, Marcy Nano Center at SUNYIT.
- Region is growing in Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Equipment and "Date-to-Decisions"
- Approx 40% of the jobs will be 2-Year Degrees
- Griffiss Business and Technology Park, again just 10 minutes from Trenton; 75 Employers, 5,800 jobs in Manufacturing, Aviation, Distribution, Information Technology, Cyber-Security, Government and Commercial. Approx $69 M Federal and State Investment in Redevelopment, attracting Cyber, Information Technology and Defense Contractors